Re: [debian-knoppix] How do i mount partitions ?

On Wed Nov 13, 2002 at 08:40:51PM +0800, NooNa wrote:
> I am a newbie in knoppix. My question is how do I mount
> partitions when I am installing knoppix from the iso ? I
> managed to create the partitions but not mount them during
> install. Can someone please shed some light on this matter ?

For mounting a Partition usually you have to be root. The you can do

  mount /dev/hda1 /mnt

Then, the first partition from the first harddisk (C:) is mounted on
/mnt.

But if you want to install (copy) the Knoppix to your harddisk then
you should use a speziall Skript which do it for you. It is on
/usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall. The advantage from this Skript is, that
changes your System in the Debian-Standart.

Bye,
  Friedrich