[debian-knoppix] knoppix remastering with new kernel

hello,

i want remastering a knoppix version with my own kernel
because i have a sony vaio notebook with firewire dvd
and so i can't boot any cd from bios. now i compiled
my own kernel, so mounting the a cd or dvd is working.
my problem is how can i remastering the new knoppix.
i think i have to change more properties, than, if i only
updating a package. should i reconfigure the lilo? what
i have to do?
thanks for your answers.

	cu daniel