[debian-knoppix] noeject failing due to CMDLINE on 3.1Beta 11-07-2002 + multiple xsession question
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [debian-knoppix] noeject failing due to CMDLINE on 3.1Beta 11-07-2002 + multiple xsession question
- From: "Fabrice LABORIE" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:11:42 +0300
- Message-id: <01a701c230a7$679fe900$bc00a8c0@fablab2>
Hi List !
it seems that "knoppix noeject " doesn't work because of the way
/proc/cmdline is parsed...
in /etc/init.d/knoppix-halt in 3.1 Beta 11-07-2002
I read a comment in knoppix-autoconfig that with kern 2.4.19rc1
read CMDLINE < /proc/cmdline had to be replaced by
CMDLINE="$ cat/proc/cmdline)". so I suppose this change should be
done on knoppix-halt too !
2) I would like to have a clean new session for the knoppix user
when a user logs out from one of the shared computer, instead of rebooting
now it seems that /etc/init.d/xsession kills the X-server and the machine
does any one have some tips to change this behaviour ?
I suspect that that there is some work to do after the
su -c "DISPLAY=:0 exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc" - $USER ...
instead of killing the Xserver, I suppose that I should really delete the
knoppix user and recreate it?
this would clean the session (/and puts everything back to its default .....
Anybody with some good ideas ? or code ? ;-)
debian-knoppix mailing list