Re: [debian-knoppix] English support and development docs

On Monday, 06 May 2002, Nathaniel Pendleton schrieb:

Hi Nathaniel,

> Does anyone have experience on multi language development
> discussions, and how to embrace everyone?
The debian-knoppix list is multi-lingual....
German, english and sometime french....
If a topic is in german, maybe bablefish may help you

> I respect the project's German roots and developer(s), and do not
> want to change that, but I would like to suggest detailed English
> support for several reasons. [starting with I am lazy! =) ]
I am lazy too

> English is the most common second language spoken in the world,
> and dominates the software, internet, media, science, aviation,
> shipping, common law, and most multi-lateral diplomatic discussions,
> so I would lobby for additional detailed English support, after
> German of course.
Most of the developent specific ducomentations are written in english,
(thanks to Klaus Knopper...)
see http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/
There you will find the Readme's and sources for Knoppix, AFAIK _all_ in
English.

> I want to customize and develop knoppix for my own goals.
> Is there a detailed knoppix development doc?
> Is there source code to download and compile?
> or are knoppix's clever bits human readable like bash files?
With the above mentioned page you might be able to make your own
 Nathanielix...

Chears

-didi
--
      ___| (_) ___| (_) proudly running Debian/GNU Linux