Re: Proposal: Switch to linear git history

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 08:06:18PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:

> > I agree that this is a waste of time and resources for feature
> > branches.  We ought to avoid that by automating changelog updates for
> > changes to the Debian packaging (gbp dch or somethign similar).
> Feature branches are not affected here.

Okay, I was not clear enough.  But I was only talking about release
branches right now.

For feature branches we use merge requests, where GitLab can do what you
tell it to.  But merges there are fine.

> > If we're going to change branch naming then we should be moving towards
> > DEP-14, but this seems to diverge further.
> I don't find any branches with version in DEP-14.  So this is not even
> applicable here.

Well, DEP-14 defines debian/<suite>.  Then suite is main/6.6 and so it
fits perfectly.

Bastian

--
Superior ability breeds superior ambition.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9