Re: Updates to linux-firmware

Hi all,

On 2024-04-26 20:35, Mark Pearson wrote:> I wanted to check in with you
guys, as with the new 2024 platforms coming out there are some updates
to linux-firmware - for CPU, GPU, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc devices

just wanted to say that the Debian ROCm Team is in the same boat, we
need newer firmware for RDNA3 cards (RX 7900 XT, RX 7800 XT, etc.).
These cards have been out for a while.

Please let me know if there is any way I can help.

Diederik, you mentioned a review of the 85 MR. If a review by some other
DD would help the current maintainers in accepting it, I'd by happy to
give it a try.

On 2024-05-07 08:25, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> From where I sit (that is: I only modestly contributed in the past,
> and cannot commit to much these days), there are two angles to
> address:

> A) lift the bottleneck: there needs to be more Debian Developers
> confident to comment and merge MRs, and then upload.

I'm not sure how well I could do this, but I'm willing to contribute if
it helps.

> B) regular commitment: I feel it would be easier to get regular
> updates merged, rather than doing the huge batch shortly before
> release; that would also appease the tensions that many probably feel
> when they get new hardware but no available package.

I agree; that would probably be easier overall.

Best,
Christian