Re: Immediate fallouts from the big linux changes, and actions

On 25/12/2023 12:43, Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi Roland,

FYI, you might want to read the full thread! ;)
On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 08:38:57AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
This is mostly for information: linux went through a lot of big changes,
initially staged in experimental, and uploaded to unstable as of linux
6.6.8-1.
...> this change also lead to failing live-builds, for trixie (the unstable live-builds
are of course also affected but fail earlier due to #1058994), this can be
seen in
https://jenkins.debian.net/job/reproducible_debian_live_build_xfce_trixie/35/console
which failed with

cp: cannot stat 'chroot/debian-installer/build/dest/cdrom/vmlinuz': No such file or directory

Yesterday I published 3 fixes which got merged really quickly.
1) The live-build scripts automatically selects the newest kernel version, but did not account for '6.6.8' instead of '6.6.8-1' 2) The chroot which is used for building the d-i image does no longer contain fakeroot, which is still used by the d-i script (#1058994) 3) Also grub-pc (and dependencies) were no longer present for the installer, they needed to be provided as .deb images

Now Jenkins is running fine for the live sid images again :-)

In the next step, I'll check the trixie live builds.

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus