Re: Releasing linux/6.1.52-1 bookworm-security update without armel build, Image size problems

On 2023-09-09 08:15, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Hi all,
I doupt anybody is sensibly using armel nowdays under bookworm, so my proposed
course of action for unblock the bookworm-security update is:

FYI, An old, headless, raspberry pi (armel) with GPS and camera, on Debian testing, was being sensibly used for long-term, slow, time-lapse photography, where it was good enough for the intended purpose. Another pi was slated for print server duties, but was mostly just idling because the particular printer was not supported. Both stopped responding over the network after upgrades some months ago, so this decision wasn't involved; the problem was probably caused by systemd network interface renaming. The hope was to get them going again with a little debugging, or a re-install if necessary, as builds are still being made[1]. It's always sad to see support have to be dropped for old functioning hardware still sensibly serving purposes they can accomplish. But, understandable with the size growth required to support newer "better" hardware. Thanks for keeping them alive, and up to date, as long as they were.

[1] https://raspi.debian.net/daily-images/