Re: Debian kernel testing on syzbot

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 16:46, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our team works on syzkaller/syzbot kernel fuzzer:
> https://github.com/google/syzkaller
> https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md
>
> Currently we test the upstream kernel and recent LTS releases:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/linux-6.1
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/linux-5.15
> and report bugs to upstream developers:
> https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs
>
> Due to Debian's relevance as one of the most widely used Linux
> distributions, we plan to test the Debian kernel as well.
>
> We were thinking about testing the "testing" release only initially.
> Or do you have other suggestions here?
>
> Do you want bugs to be reported privately first (to some closed
> mailing list) with some embargo? Or do we make them public (visible on
> syzbot dashboard) right away as we do for upstream/LTS?

+Ben, you were pointed out as the person to provide "the official" response :)

To clarify: we are not asking nor imply that anybody will actually act
in any way on the reported bugs. I mean anybody is welcome to, but
don't have to.
We can also just create a public web dashboard (+new opt-in mailing
list), if that's what we agree on here.

And if there is an active interest in acting on the reports, we can
also test the unstable release (that's the better place to fix,
right).