Request to cherry picking a patch to fix bug #989705 for kernels 5.10.y

Hello,

The bug #989705 [1] is currently closed. It was solved for kernels version 5.15+ using the patch [2] from upstream.

This patch [2] applies to kernel version 5.10.y, too. I used it with a custom built kernel since it was published .

The author of the patch acknowledged that the patch applies to kernel version 5.10.y asking me to send it out to the stable mailing list. I did it, but I did not receive an answer. I tried to peek upstream, but again no answer.

Therefore, I'm sending this post to ask the debian-kernel mailing list if it is possibile to cherry pick the patch [1] to make it land in the next release of Debian Kernel 5.10.y.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I cannot update bug #989705 because it is currently closed.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

---
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=989705
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v6.0-rc5&id=6b04ce966a738ecdd9294c9593e48513c0dc90aa