Re: [Question] Backporting ACPI fix to Buster kernel?

Hi,

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 08:25:05AM +0200, Laurențiu Păncescu wrote:
> Hello Debian Kernel Team,
>
> I discovered an older Asus netbook always reports its battery as 100%
> charged even after being unplugged for several hours and with its CPU
> intentionally maxed out. This seems to be upstream bug #199981 in kernels
> 4.17-4.20 and affected Asus-made laptops (I see the same behavior with and
> without acpi_osi=Linux). [1]
>
> Is there any chance of backporting the fix to Buster? Should I file a bug
> about that?

In general the best way to reach that is to make sure it reaches the
upstream 4.19.y stable branches by asking upstrema to backport the fix
to the series. If it is applicably this is not a problem in most
cases. As in the Debian stable release we follow upstream 4.19.y then
the fix will be included automatically at some point.

Regards,
Salvatore