Re: devicetrees overlays support

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 11:36:59 +0530, Karthik <karthikgatiganti@gmail.com> wrote:
> compile your own kernel
>
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 7:51 AM Vincent Pelletier <plr.vincent@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 07:57:24 +0000, Vincent Pelletier <plr.vincent@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Would there be a particular reason __symbols__ are not output by the
> > > kernel build command ?
> > > Maybe making it optional if the size increase matters for some very
> > > tightly constrained platforms ?
> >
> > To put more concrete commands behind this request, see the README I
> > wrote here:
> >   https://github.com/vpelletier/python-smartcard-app-openpgp/tree/master/examples/randompin-epaper-raspi#notes-for-debian
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Vincent Pelletier

By requesting to keep me CC'ed, I do not mean to leave the list out.

I do not see the point of suggesting that I rebuild a whole kernel when
I can already just build the devicetree. Wouldn't it be just more work
for no gain ?

And my point is that I would very much like to *not* have to rebuild
the devicetree (which is kind of why I'm asking Debian kernel
maintainers to begin with, of which I am not sure are part of).

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier