Re: Next Kernel update for Buster

vincent.debian@free.fr writes:

>>>The next point release for buster (10.5) will contain an update of
>>>src:linux to 4.19.132, see
>>>https://lists.debian.org/debian-stable-announce/2020/07/msg00001.html
>>
>>that's a very good news to know. What about timeline for 10.5??
>>;-)
>
> It should be available on Saturday August 1st.

Gianluca, P.S. if you're interested in participating in testing packages
queued for the next point release, see

  https://www.debian.org/releases/proposed-updates

If you're exclusively interested in testing kernel proposed-updates,
then you can use APT pinning to configure this:

  https://wiki.debian.org/AptConfiguration

To get this effect I'd add a rule to pin proposed-updates to a lower
priority than stable, stable-updates, and debian-security, and then add
a rule to make kernel-related packages from proposed-updates evaluate to
a higher priority.  There might be better ways, and this is just the
method I'd use ;-)

Cheers,
Nicholas