Re: libbpf distro packaging

On 8/25/19, 11:42 PM, "Jiri Olsa" <jolsa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 04:00:01PM +0000, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> >
> > Technically we can bump it at any time.
> > The goal was to bump it only when new kernel is released
> > to capture a collection of new APIs in a given 0.0.X release.
> > So that libbpf versions are synchronized with kernel versions
> > in some what loose way.
> > In this case we can make an exception and bump it now.
>
> I see, I dont think it's worth of the exception now,
> the patch is simple or we'll start with 0.0.3

PR introducing 0.0.5 ABI was merged:
https://github.com/libbpf/libbpf/commit/476e158
Jiri, you'd like to avoid patching, you can start w/ 0.0.5.
Also if you're planning to use *.spec from libbpf as a source of truth,
It may be enhanced by syncing spec and ABI versions, similar to
https://github.com/libbpf/libbpf/commit/d60f568