Intel Wifi Solutions for Newer Kernel

Hi,
sorry for not replying to the thread. I am not on the mailing list but will fix that after I send this message.
The issue you are reporting is a known issue with the 5.2 branch. If you use the firmware-iwlwifi from Buster, your troubles should go away. Its a compatibility issue with the latest firmware package and the latest kernel. Its strange because the older kernel actually works with the newer firmware but you need the older firmware for the newer kernel. I am currently using 5.2 with the older firmware from January that is in Buster and things are fine. On my particular hardware, the 5.3 branch of the kernel fixes the issue with the newer firmware.