Re: AX.25 in the kernel

Hi,

On 06/08/2019 14:31, Iain Learmonth wrote:
> I'm not sure yet if we can do this in a postinst script or if users will
> need to manually load the modules.

I actually have no idea what to do here. I've tried looking for other
packages that use modules that have disabled autoloading but they don't
seem to really exist.

The DECnet stuff package seems to not do anything about the lack of
module autoloading support. I couldn't find anything that requires
802.15.4 or DCCP. I have no idea what RDS even is.

If you have ideas on how to re-enable module autoloading for hamradio
protocols when libax25 is installed then please let me know.

Manually running cryptic commands like modprobe tty-ldisc-5 to get MKISS
loaded, for example, is not really great for end users and I have no
idea how we communicate this to users either.

Thanks,
Iain.