Re: dkms with secureboot

> Hi,
>
> > linux (4.19.37-1) unstable; urgency=medium
> (snip)
> >   * Import patches to enable loading keys from UEFI db and MOK from
> >
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git to
> >     allow kernel modules built by users (eg: by dkms) to be
> verified, and
> >     to load dbx and MOKX for the equivalent blacklisting
> functionality.
>
>  It seems that we can use virtualbox with secure boot enabled,
> however,
>  I got an error as below
>
> > $ sudo modprobe vboxdrv
> > modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'vboxdrv': Required key not
> available
>
>  Do I forget to do something or need extra step for it?

It requires manual steps: you need to have a personal key, load it in
MOK and use it to sign the out of tree modules manually.

I wanted to have a look at porting the dkms patches from Ubuntu that
automate that, but unfortunately I really had no spare time in the past
couple of weeks.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi