Re: linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 unsigned only?

On Wed, 2019-01-16 at 18:03 +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> Sorry if I missed previous discussion on this.
>
> I seem to only see linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64-unsigned (and the
> virtual package) for this version? Is that deliberate?

No.  The signed packages are built from separate source packages that
need to be separately approved for inclusion in the archive.  That just
happened in the last few hours.

> (There are cloud, rt and dbg packages as well)
>
> This seems to also result in the kernel being tainted (8192 - An
> unsigned module has been loaded in a kernel supporting module
> signature); or is that unrelated?

This is expected if you install the unsigned packages (or an out-of-
tree module).

Unix is many things to many people,
but it's never been everything to anybody.