Re: hardening-check can detect whether kernel is protected or not

On 02/01/2019 15:28, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote> the kernel is not a standard ELF binary, so you can't really run hardening-
> check on it and expect sound results.
>
> Yes, the kernel has some protection/hardening (see for example the work done
> by the Kernel Self Protection Project).
I have one question. Let's say I set the kernel options that are described
here[1]. Do I have to use DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS or set any additional flags
in the debian/rules file to get some extra protection? Does the
DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS variable do something in the case of building the
linux kernel?

[1] https://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Self_Protection_Project/Recommended_Settings