Logitech G920 steering wheel does not work in linux 5.2

Hi there,

I use my Logitech G920 steering wheel and worked fine on my
bullseye/testing installation till this summer.
Now I searched a bit and found this thread on the steam forums:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/1640916564841423916/?ctp=3

It points out that this problem comes from hid changes in the linux
kernel 5.2, which breaks the correct detection of the steering wheel as
hidpp device.
There is a patch available (looks like this one:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11176769/), but it looks like it
doesn't come to the debian linux kernel soon.

Is it possible to get these patches to the debian linux kernel soon? Or
anyone recommends an other option?

Cheers
Matthias