Re: libbpf-devel rpm uapi headers

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 07:43:31PM +0200, Jiri Olsa wrote:
> hi,
> we'd like to have bcc linked with libbpf instead of the
> github submodule, initial change is discussed in here:
>   https://github.com/iovisor/bcc/pull/2535
>
> In order to do that, we need to have access to uapi headers
> compatible with libbpf rpm, bcc is attaching and using them
> during compilation.
>
> I added them in the fedora spec below (not submitted yet),
> so libbpf would carry those headers.
>
> Thoughts? thanks,

I think it may break a bunch of people who rely on bcc being a single library.
What is the main motiviation to use libbpf as a shared library in libbcc?

I think we can have both options. libbpf as git submodule and as shared.
In practice git submodule is so much simpler to use and a lot less headaches.