Re: Pressure stall information (was: Re: linux-signed-amd64_5.0.1+1~exp1_source.changes ACCEPTED into experimental, experimental)

Harald Weidner - 15.03.19, 17:02:
> Is there any chance to get pressure stall information (CONFIG_PSI)
> enabled on the linux-image 4.20 and 5.x packages?
>
> Pressure stall information are a useful extension to the load average
> numbers. They allow a better distinction between cpu, memory and i/o
> bound workloads.
>
> See https://lwn.net/Articles/759781/ and
> https://lwn.net/Articles/759658/ for details.

I second this. Would be really nice to have.

I contacted atop author Gerlof about support for it and he implemented
it already (extraline "PSI"). Marc packaged it as atop 2.4-1.

Thanks,
--
Martin