Question about the linux-source package from the experimental repo

Basically I need a custom linux kernel (4.20) to use some features introduced
in this kernel version. I could download the linux-source-4.20 package from the
Debian experimental repository and build it via:
# make ARCH="x86_64" -j2 bindeb-pkg

But recently (2019-02-12) a new stable version (4.20.8) was released, and the
linux-source-4.20 debian package wasn't updated. I think it wasn't updated
since 4.20 had been released (correct me if I'm wrong).

Since I don't really want to change much in the kernel, I just want to use
the Debian one. Also I want the kernel to be up to date.

I think the only way to solve this problem is to download the kernel source
directly from kernel.org and apply the debian patches, which can be found
here[1]. I just wanted to ask how to do it in the right way?

I copied the debian/patches to the kernel source dir, and applied the patches
via quilt. But there's also the patches-rt/ subdir in the git repo. Should
those patches be applied as well?

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux