Re: missing firmware in debian 9

Anil Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> writes:

>> > I don't have a QCA6174 hw3.0 but I would guess that ath10k loaded the
>> > firmware-4.bin after it failed to load the firmware-5.bin.
>
> How can I make sure this is the case?

ath10k prints lots of information to dmesg after it has initialised the
device, so check that. You should see the firmware version and what api
is used (the number N from firmware-N.bin).

> I have had a couple of issues with my bluetooth, how can I test it?

The warnings you posted are because ath10k is trying to find optional
calibration data and various firmware versions of firmware file from
user space. The warnings and commit c8e028026387 have nothing to do with
bluetooth, so that must be a separate issue.

--
Kalle Valo