Re: armel/marvell kernel size

Dear Ian, Ben,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:

>> > Let's not introduce more packages.  I would be tempted to put it in
>> > kernel-image, which all other udeb packages should depend on.
>>
>> I thought lzo-modules already existed, but perhaps my tree was out of
>> date. If it doesn't then you are right that kernel-image would be a
>> find choice.
>
> You're right, I just didn't remember it existing.

Thanks for your hints!
I also find the thread [0] that had the similar problem before.
So I learned how to fix the problem, and now the fix is in master [1]
and sid branch on salsa.

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2014/02/msg00341.html
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/commit/175171d4

I also find the target binary-arch_armel_real of makefile fails in my
cross compiling environment, which is the reason why I couldn't build
udeb.
There's a workaround for this:
$ sed -i 's/binary-arch_armel:: binary-arch_armel_extra
binary-arch_armel_none binary-arch_armel_real/binary-arch_armel::
binary-arch_armel_extra binary-arch_armel_none/' debian/rules.gen

After that, the udeb command can be built by ($ARCH is armel for my case):
$ fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_${ARCH}

Maybe it's kinda dirty hack, but works for me. I also realized that I
never used the binary-arch_armel_real target before.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1