Re: Debian Kernel info

Fabian Grünbichler - 05.09.18, 17:19:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 02:33:33PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Tomas Bortoli - 05.09.18, 08:48:
> > > is there a place where I find the config used to compile Linux for
> > > the latest Debian ?
> > >

> > > The alternative idea I had is to `apt source linux-image-version`
> > > but
> > > that requires to download the whole package.
> >
> > Probably via
> >
> > https://sources.debian.org/src/linux/4.17.17-1/debian/config/amd64/
> >
> > or something like that?
>
> linux-image-$(uname -r) ships /boot/config-$(uname -r), which AFAIK is
> the actual config used to compile that kernel image.

Sure, I know that. And yes, it appears the source package puts the
config together from various sources. But that was the closest
approximation I came up with so far.

I am not sure whether there is something similar than sources.debian.org
for binary packages. I thought there was, but currently I have no idea
where that might be.

Thanks,
--
Martin