Debian i40e driver broken?

Hi,

since quite some time I see again and again the following issue:

One of our machines shows random problems on the network - usually
a few days after we installed it or did a kernel update. The issue
can be quickly tracked down to the i40e driver included in Debian
Kernel (1.6.16). Manually installing a newer driver from Intel
always fixes the issue.

We use version 1.6.42 of the i40e with Debian Stable (Stretch) and
the 4.9.0-Kernel for a long time without any issues.

Any chance to get a newer version of this driver into the standard
Debian kernel? IMHO i40e 1.6.16 obviously broken.

Best regards
Harald Wilhelmi

--
Harald Wilhelmi
Partner

TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring
Geschäftsführer: Henrik Klagges, Dr. Robert Dahlke, Gerhard Müller
Amtsgericht München, HRB 135082