Linux 4.15 may require config changes for b43/b44 drivers

Dear Debian kernel maintainers,

in case you aren't aware of this, according to
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10185397/

a change in Linux 4.15-rc9 breaks the b43 and b44 driver, which was fixed by
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v4.16-rc1&id=a9e6d44ddeccd3522670e641f1ed9b068e746ff7

This is not yet fixed in 4.15.y, but I believe this will be fixed soon.
However I am not sure if the fix alone is enough, because in Arch Linux
there were additional configuration changes, see here:
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/diff/trunk/config?h=packages/linux&id=a3ce83cc3476379dee78de746d50714f0d6cd4e5

I could reproduce the bug on my laptop with the Debian Linux 4.15.2 git
snapshot, but I haven't tested the patches yet because I was mainly
focused on learning how to compile a Debian kernel from a git snapshot
without my own patches.

Regards,
Viktor