Re: Generating a cloud / VM kernel package

On Sat, 2017-08-26 at 12:15 +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
[...]
> Thomas, can you elaborate why you think this a good idea? Is this about
> boot time of the kernel image? The thing I really do not want to have is
> additional kernel source uploads to the archive for just those cloud
> kernel images, but you already considered that a bad idea (from what I
> read between your lines).

When the Google Cloud people talked to me about slow booting, it turned
out that reconfiguring initramfs-tools to MODULES=dep made a big
improvement.  That is likely to be a sensible configuration for most
cloud images.

One of the nice things about standards is that there are so many of
them.