Re: debian-policy: please document build profiles

Hi,

Johannes Schauer wrote:

> please document the new Build-Depends syntax and fields for build
> profiles. The current write-up of the new syntax and fields for build
> profiles lives at https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec
>
> Please note, that the new Build-Depends syntax element is called
> "restriction list" and can be used for more than build profiles. So
> documenting the new restriction list syntax and how build profiles use
> it are probably two distinct topics to cover.
>
> Please help discussing this feature so that it can become policy.
>
> A list of software which implements it is listed in the wiki link above
> and they are all part of jessie/testing already.

I'd like to restart this discussion.  My understanding is that all the
relevant infrastructure for build profiles is in place, so what's left
is to add some text to policy documenting it.

Is my understanding correct?  Any thoughts before I (or someone else)
starts to port the change-based language from
https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec to current-state based
language in policy?

Kernel team, any notes from your experience using build profiles?

Thanks,
Jonathan