trying kernel 4.11 from experimental

Hi,

I'm using the soon to be released Debian Stretch on a Dell XPS 15 9550
with a Dell WD15 docking station.  The kernel provided in Stretch
works fine for the laptop, but I have many issues when using the
docking station (black screens in many circumstances, hot plugging
causes freezes, ...).

For this reason I would like to try a newer kernel.  I saw that in
experimental there is a package for a kernel of the 4.11 line.  I
would like to ask if it is safe to install it following the
instructions at <https://wiki.debian.org/HowToUpgradeKernel> and if
there is any special precaution that I should adopt.

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Fede