Re: <linux/if.h> and <net/if.h> conflict needs to be resolved for backports?

On 06/02/17 11:16, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 10:37 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>>
>> Workaround is to avoid the backports package, but I wonder if it would
>> be possible to fix this? How comes that the fix for #822396 doesn't
>> work for Jessie?
>
> I think it depends on changes to the glibc headers.

<rhetorical>
Shouldn't debian/control mention this dependency?
</rhetorical>

Of course I understand that there is no backport of glibc. AFAICS
the conflict in Jessie has been introduced by the backports kernel,
ignoring old glibc. This is even more painful, since 4.9.x is
supposed to be a LTS kernel.

IMU <linux/if.h> should either look at the glibc version number,
or avoid the double definitions using "#ifndef".

What would you suggest?

Regards
Harri