Re: Kernel version for Debian Stretch

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 17:51 +0000, Joe.Ghalam@dell.com wrote:
> ???Hi,
>
> The current version Debian 9 (Stretch) runs with Kernel 4.9. Are
> there any plans to move to kernel 4.10 or higher in the near future?

No, stretch's linux package will always be based on 4.9.y.  We don't
make such major changes in stable updates.  It is still possible to add
new hardware support, although in some cases this may be difficult to
backport.

> Is there a roadmap for the kernel versions in Debian you could share
> please?

I expect that Debian 10 'buster' will use whichever kernel version Greg
Kroah-Hartman announces as longterm-supported around the end of 2018.

Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment
destroyed.
                                                    - Carolyn Scheppner