Re: Persons involved in kernel development of debian os

> Can you please share with me the names of original team
> who developed debian os and its kernel.

There are several hundred Debian Developers and Maintainers:
https://www.debian.org/devel/

Since Debian was founded in the 1990s many have joined and left the project,
but a few key names are here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#History

Debian is mostly put together from pieces developed by others.
Many only have responsibility for a small part of the system,
in the case of Maintainers perhaps because they are involved
with an upstream project which actually develops the software.
What Debian brings to the table is organization into a product.

As for the kernel, it is Linux, with some Debian patches.
A very long list of Linux kernel maintainers is available at
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/MAINTAINERS
It may be useful if you have questions about particular subsystems.

> I had some querry regarding BOSS os.

BOSS appears to be a derived distribution of Debian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat_Operating_System_Solutions

BOSS's creators take parts of Debian and modify it to their needs, selecting
packages, adjusting software configuration and the user interface. They may
know lots about the software they use, or only about their modifications.

In some cases, it *may* help to talk to the people working on Debian or the
Linux kernel itself. This mailing list is a good place to discuss issues
with the releases of the Linux kernel provided by Debian. If BOSS directly
uses these releases, it might be a good place to ask for help. But Debian
developers do not know and are not responsible for anything BOSS does with
Debian after it has left their hands, including specific kernel
configurations or its interaction with BOSS software which might be causing
any problems you have.

Similarly, Linux maintainers would not know about anything Debian or BOSS
did. So it's a good idea to go up the tree slowly - ask BOSS, then Debian,
then specific maintainers, rather than try to jump to the top. If you've
explained a problem and the first person says "I don't know", it may be time
to talk to someone higher.

Best regards,
--
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
greenreaper.co.uk - wikifur.com - flayrah.com - inkbunny.net