Re: CIFS: Enable encryption for SMB3

SLES12 SP3 and Redhat will have encrypted CIFS too (https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-April/207533.html). I think Debian should consider to add this important feature in Debian 8 or Debian 9.

Am 22.04.2017 um 17:25 schrieb debian@alpenjodel.de:
I think it will be included in Linux 4.11.
So there is no chance to get this feature into an official Debian 8 or Debian 9 stable package?

Am 22.04.2017 um 17:21 schrieb Ben Hutchings:
On Sat, 2017-04-22 at 16:19 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Sat, 2017-04-22 at 14:47 +0200, debian@alpenjodel.de wrote:
Hi!

It´s not possible to mount a enrypted CIFS Share yet. is it possible
to add the following Kernel changes to Debian 8?
No, we don't backport big features like that.
Of course, if this feature is in Linux 4.9 (I don't know) then you have
the option to install the new kernel version from jessie-backports
(https://backports.debian.org/).