Re: Do I have to do anything to make sure ext4lazyinit works as being advertised ?

at bottom :-

On 01/02/2017, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 02:27:39PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

<snipped>

>>> My patch was fix for bug which was spotted on large disk arrays,
>>> 36 in my case. So itable initialization was active all the time
>>> while holding global lock.
>>
>> From this, it seems there aren't any limits except for 10% of whatever
>> the link between
>
> Why would a large array make a difference to the algorithm if it aims
> to use 1/10 of the bandwidth?

Hi Lennart,

I dunno (not an expert in large disk arrays) . For this you would have
to look at

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9285509/ titled -

"Patchwork ext4/023: add regression test for ext4lazyinit_task deadlock V2"

>From the title it seems some sort of deadlock was occurring. For what
reason can probably be garnered by reading the code or/and talking
with

Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org> who wrote that patch.

FWIW he wrote couple of patches this month as well -

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/fstests/list/?submitter=172391

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल