Re: Backport facebook IPv6 routing table PMTU exception patch

Thank you for your answer Ben.

I might have to consider switching over to 4.7/4.8 then.
In that regard I was wondering what the support level for those newer kernels from jessie-backports is? Can I count on the same level of maintenance from Debian as 3.16 has? That is - security fixes will be backported just like for 3.16 for the lifetime of jessie, or 4.8 will be replaced by 4.9 and so on, thus sticking with the next upstream kernel.

Regards,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 13:14 -0800, Rumen Telbizov wrote:
[...]
> Due to the severity of this, I was wondering if you could consider
> backporting that patch for the 3.16 kernel as well?
>
> Additional details regarding the patch are available at:
> https://code.facebook.com/posts/1123882380960538/linux-ipv6-improvement-routing-cache-on-demand/

Having read that page, this sounds much too risky to try backporting.

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily
Tomlin

--
Rumen Telbizov
Unix Systems Administrator