Re: ASUS laptop: touchpad usable after resume from suspension, a patch available upstream

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 22:46 +0200, Frank wrote:
> Hello, all
>
> Touchpad is unusable after resume from suspension on many models of ASUS
> laptops (mine is X450LD). Now I find a patch available upstream:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git/commit/?id=930e19248e9b61da36c967687ca79c4d5f977919
>
> I hope that it will be applied as soon as possible for stretch &
> jessie-backports. Thanks!

To get a fix as soon as possible, add the kernel parameter 'i8042.reset=n'.

I've queued up the patch for the next upload to unstable.

For every complex problem
there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.