Re: jessie won't install/boot on a Dell Poweredge R815

Don Armstrong wrote:

> Yes; it's possible that a change in one of the drivers between the
> wheezy and jessie kernels is exposing a firmware bug (or there's a bug
> in the kernel itself) which is causing this issue.
>
> What I'm trying to do is get enough information so that the error is
> obvious.

Sorry to bother you again. I turned on the Dell OptiPlex today and gathered
some information.

The problem as I see it is with the raid created by the installer in wheezy,
but I don't have time or opportunity to verify my statement.
However I see that there is only sda and sdb, while I have sd[ab]1,2,3,5 and
fdisk shows this correctly.

Jeffrey, can you check this on your Dell system?

Here I see following