Re: Processed: reassign 619573 to src:linux, reassign 630562 to src:linux, reassign 631526 to src:linux ...

On Sun, 2016-05-29 at 18:28 +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>
> > # the bts lost its knowledge about src:linux-2.6
> > reassign 619573 src:linux 2.6.32-31
[...]

That version does not exist.  The correct thing to do would be to
assign with a version of linux-2.6/2.6.32-31.

But then, all of these bugs should have been closed rather than
reassigned to src:linux.  I already went through all the bugs assigned
to source package linux-2.6 at the end of squeeze LTS, but it seems I
missed some.  Other bugs seem to have been reassigned to source package
linux-2.6 after that point, when it was obviously no longer supported.

I suppose I'll just have to do another mass closure now.

Editing code like this is akin to sticking plasters on the bleeding
stump
of a severed limb. - me, 29 June 1999