Re: 3.19.0 dependency problem

Thanks for the quick replies! I love that I run Sid (on 4 machines), only notice something worth reporting every 2 years or so, and get immediate responses! <3 Debian.

I've not built a Kernel (or any related part) in a VERY long time, I think maybe 2.6.something? I've simply not needed to. I still don't need to :-)

I'm aware of the need being only for kernel headers, however I've been burned on Sid before by not grabbing them at the time of the image, and not being able to grab them later as they are not persisted in parallel in the repo. Then you're forced to get a new kernel and headers, and back then, that meant possible bugs/changed behaviours that I didn't want. So I always install headers up front. And I should use meta packages to do that, but haven't been in the past.

Meta-packages that glue this stuff all together seem to be missing from experimental too. If you don't care, it's fine by me. Just letting you know in case it was an oversight.

Again, thanks for all of the hard work, and the super responsiveness! Much appreciated! <3

Regards,

Fred

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:30:06PM +1200, Fred Cooke wrote:
> Maintainer: Debian Kernel Team <debian-kernel@lists.debian.org>
> Architecture: amd64
> Depends: linux-headers-3.19.0-trunk-common (= 3.19.3-1~exp1),
> linux-kbuild-3.19, linux-compiler-gcc-4.9-x86
>
> linux-kbuild-3.19 doesn't appear to exist in any Deb repos at all.
>
> I was hoping for a fresher kernel for this zenbook which has some funky
> keyboard behaviour on 3.16 from Sid. I'll live, but you might want to fix
> the above.
>
> linux-kbuild-3.18 IS available, though no 3.18 kernels seem to be, FYI.
Additionally to what Luca said, only the linux-header package should
depend on linux-kbuild. So unless you need to compile additional kernel
modules just install the linux-image package to get a new kernel on your
device.

Best regards
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |