Re: How to add new platforms to linux-image-*-armmp kernels

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 23:01 -0500, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to help adding one (or more) extra platform to the armmp kernel
> packages so I'm asking what needs to be done, how to help ?
>
> Ideally, I'd like to have a debian installer working for my platform
> with latest daily image :-) I've been using a raw debootstrap for years
> with my boards, but having a real debian installer would be great :-)

Find all the kconfig symbols that need to be enabled (CONFIG_ARCH_* and
appropriate drivers).  Everything that can be modular, should be, with a
few exceptions - at least RTC drivers should currently be built-in.

Editing code like this is akin to sticking plasters on the bleeding stump
of a severed limb. - me, 29 June 1999