Re: Wheezy kernel E100E module, and VLAN tagging

Hello Ben,

Thank you for the reply!

> If the switch is stripping the VLAN tag from a minimum-length frame and
> failing to add an extra 4 bytes of padding, that is a bug in the switch.
> We will not patch e1000e or any other driver to work around that.

I wrote initial message as information about problems with Intel 82574L and
DGS-1105 co-operation. Just, it's frequently used devices. Also, I don't found
any solution in the Internet. Nothing else. Maybe include this workaround to
any how-to, or special "workarounds guide"...

Minimum frame length is 64 bytes. The switch removing VLAN tag, and then check
remain part as ordinal Ethernet frame, and dropping 60-bytes frame as invalid.
I can't change the switch logic, but can make workaround.

Maybe I chose the wrong mailing list.

Regards, Sergey.