Netconsole scripts for Debian

Hello, folks!

I'm prepared and thoroughly tested scripts for managing netconsole
kernel facility in Debian 6/7. Netconsole facility is very useful for
debugging kernel bugs.

These scripts are inspired by CentOS 6 netconsole scripts in some
cases and work in same way. Scripts are written in clean bash.

All scripts and configuration you can find here:
https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/debian_netconsole

Yes, it's possible to configure netconsole statically (i.e. as
/etc/modprobe.d/netconsole.conf) but it's a bad way because it relies
on network configuration (i.e. gateway address, server address) which
may be changed and netconsole will not work.

I tested both startup option:
1) As /etc/init.d/netconsole
2) As /etc/network/if-up.d/netconsole script

IMHO, the first variant is more reliable and convenient for this task.
But both variants have some troubles because some network cards (like
e1000) call /etc/network/if-up.d and /etc/init.d scripts on network
level BEFORE real network initialization.

I fixed this issue only by adding fixed timeout in my
/etc/init.d/netconsole script. In the same way this issue was fixed in
RH. Maybe you can provide more convenient solution?

Thank you for any feedback!

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov