Re: kernel crashes after soft lockups in xen domU

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 16:28 +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> -> the VM crashes under load if Dom0 CPU is Intel Xeon E5-2609
> -> the VM doesn't crash under load if Dom0 CPU is Intel Xeon 5639

Someone just suggested to me (by their own admission on a hunch) that a
microcode update might help with this sort of issue. That probably means
updating to the latest BIOS as a first step (which will probably include
a microcode update), then if that doesn't help messing around with the
runtime microcode update tools (since there will undoubtedly be
something newer than what the BIOS contains).

Ian.