Re: Netconsole scripts for Debian

Hello!

At now I configure netconsole dynamically and got network
configuration from ip route command. For getting netconsole server MAC
address I use arping to it.

But I can generate modprobe configuration file with current
configuration and integrate it to initrd.

You can check my approach here:
1) On first netconsole script start I can get netconsole collector IP
and MAC address (of destination server or gateway for current server)
2) I create /etc/modprobe.d/netconsole.conf configuration with fixed
MAC, PORT and IP of netconsole server
3) I add netconsole to initramfs configuration file
(/etc/initramfs-tools/modules) with fixed IP/MAC configuration
4) I rebuild initramfs for current kernel: update-initramfs -v -u -k
`uname -r` -t
5) On every system run I will check if MAC/IP of destination server
was changes I will reconfigure netconsole modprobe.conf file and
rebuilt initrd.

It's ok?