Re: bug in Debian kernel build scripts

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Faheem Mitha wrote:

I've found a bug in the build process described in

http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s4.2.5

Where should I report this? Details follow.

Now, I think this was user error. As can be seen from the message I
wrote, the problem is with timestamps. Make uses timestamps, and my
use of version control confused it, also taking into account with the
fact that make is rebuilding some of the source files in this case.

However, I do think the kernel-handbook should have more information
on flavors.

                                               Regards, Faheem Mitha