Building a debian kernel - symlink from build to source?

Hi,

I built many times debian kernels for myself, but now I have a
problem that I don't understand.

I'm following advices here:
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4744&sid=d7c5dadbaac8d9955ad07db7dcea31a9

but I get not any help sofar out there.

On the abowe mentioned forum there is an advice for someone else, I
quote it here:

<quote>
Re: B2 Wireless AP setup: RTL8188CUS
Postby Gordon » 14 Dec 2013, 11:34
Are you compiling on the B2 itself? I had a similar issue with one of my
first projects. The modules directory should contain a symlink to the
kernel source ( build -> ../../../usr/src/linux ). Obviously this means
you need to have the source and it needs to be prepared. There is a
second issue here as well and that is that the source as distributed by
Excito is meant to create a Debian package and adds additional symbols
during that build. The result is that if you use that source to create
external modules, the version stamping is off and the module won't
work. You need to change the Makefile so that the module version you're
creating matches `uname -r`: i.e. change the value for EXTRAVERSION from
".4" to ".4-13", or whatever that last number says on your B2 (my B3 has
11).
</quote>

I don't understand this abowe, because English isn't my first language.

So I did'nt make any symlink and didn't change the Makefile as adviced
abowe.

I built the kernel version linux_2.6.39.4-13 from the downloaded source
linux_2.6.39.4-13.dsc on the Debian Squeeze 64 bit guest op. system on
my Virtual Box emulator, where the host op. system is Debian SID.

I did the followings steps:
echo "deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ squeeze main" > \
 /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.list
apt-get update
apt-get install gcc-4.4-powerpc-linux-gnu
apt-get install build-essential devscripts
apt-get install device-tree-compiler uboot-mkimage
apt-get install libncurses5-dev

export ARCH=powerpc
export CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu-

dget -xu \
http://b3.update.excito.org/pool/main/l/linux/linux_2.6.39.4-13.dsc

cd linux-2.6.39.4
make menuconfig
Load the default excito configuration: From the menu, select Load an
Alternate Configuration File and enter the following path:
arch/powerpc/configs/bubbatwo_defconfig

Note: whenever you customize the kernel, the resulting configuration
must be placed in arch/arm/configs/bubba3_defconfig
(arch/powerpc/configs/bubbatwo_defconfig for the B2); only this file
will be used during the compilation phase to configure the kernel.

So I saved the resulting configuration into
arch/powerpc/configs/bubbatwo_defconfig .

dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b -apowerpc

sudo dpkg -i bubba3-kernel-headers-powerpc_2.6.39.4-13_powerpc.deb \
bubba3-kernel_2.6.39.4-13_powerpc.deb

The problem is when I installed this new kernel on my Bubba headless
power pc box, I can't find any modules in the
/lib/modules/2.6.39.4-13/ directory.

So, I think that that I must to create the abowe mentioned symlink
build -> ../../../usr/src/linux

but I don't know in which directory to do this?

Can one help me in this? Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards from Pal