Updating Linux in wheezy

There are a whole lot of fixes for Linux that ought to go into point
release 7.1.  Some of these are on the 3.2.y branch (over 400 commits
between 3.2.41 and .46), a few have been added to our patch series and
some are only in the BTS at present.  I've rebased onto 3.2.46, but
there are still various fixes waiting in the BTS.

I realise there's now just a week before the point release, which
doesn't leave much time for updating the installer even if I upload
right now (which I'm not about to).  Sorry for letting this slide.
Supposing I can upload on Saturday, could that new package get into the
installer, or at least into the point release?

Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice.
                                - John Levine, moderator of comp.compilers