Re: Like to help kernel team

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 13:24 -0300, Vanderson Martins do Rosario wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to start help and be part of the Debian Project. So I was
> talking with the guys in the IRC (#debian-mentor) and how I work with
> C and Assembly (IA-64) they said to try to talk with the kernel team,
> because I could be helpfull.
> So I'm sending this email to ask how can I help you guys?
> And I'd like to know if you can help me to start.

The most helpful thing to start with would probably be bug triage.

Current open bugs (warning: this is a very long list and may take some
minutes to load):
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=linux;src=linux-2.6

I suggest looking at the important (or higher severity) bugs first,
particularly the oldest (many of which are actually fixed) and newest
(for which the submitter is most likely to be able to provide additional
information).

The bug handling policy provides many general suggestions about how to
investigate kernel bugs:
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-bugs.html

Feel free to discuss any of these on the #debian-kernel IRC channel
(though it's often quiet).

Always try to do things in chronological order;
it's less confusing that way.